RADIO FREQUENCY COMMUNICATIONS
Tower, Antenna, Radio, MF, HF, VHF, Microwave, Wireless, and Satellite
Radio Frequency (RF) Communications Support
ACT-Corp has experience with the integration, installation and support of Radio Frequency (RF) Communication systems for the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security as well as commercial tower owners and cell phone providers. Our experience covers the full spectrum of technical services, including: designing, engineering, installing, testing, repairing and constructing Medium Frequency (MF) to Super High Frequency (SHF) communication systems.
The scope of our services include site surveys and site selection studies and analysis, trip reports, daily on-site reports, site engineering and preparation including Topographical and Geotechnical surveys, structural engineering studies for foundations and towers, development of cutover plans and installation design plans including the list of materials, drawings, plans of action and milestones, procurement of materials, logistics, de-installation and disposal, field changes, inspections, casualty repair and the construction, installation, cutover, documentation, testing and tune-up of multiple types of RF communication systems to include antennas, transmission lines, radio transceivers, towers and associated electrical systems.
ACT-Corp also performs the engineering, logistics, installation, and testing of RF communication systems during the stand up or relocation of operation and command centers. This includes the installation and testing of cabling, consoles, racks, antennas and the de-installation, moving, re-installation and testing of radios and other equipment. In many cases, this requires troubleshooting communications systems that were not operating prior to the relocation. Additionally, these projects involve the development of a communications cutover plan and performing the communications cutover of circuits from old to new locations.
Systems and solutions that we design, install, maintain and repair include:
- Radio Frequency Systems (Tower, Antenna, Radio, Microwave, Wireless LAN, and Satellite Systems)
- Complete antenna systems from MF through SHF including towers, foundations, tower guy pads, guy wires, ground plane/radials, a tower lighting system if required, cabling conduit, Automatic Tuning Unit or balun as required, signal, power, control, and tower light cabling, all grounding systems including lightning protection systems, and climbing ladder and rail system
- Specialize in HF antenna types including directional and omni-directional antennas, vertical and horizontally polarized antennas, loop arrays and Rotating Log Periodic Antennas (RLPA)
- High powered HF and MF
- Microwave and Cell Phone towers and antennas
- Experience with LMR, HF, UHF, and VHF radios
- Associated site preparation to include shelter, electrical, HVAC and other facility modifications or minor construction
Commitment to Safety
ACT-Corp is dedicated to personnel safety and, as such, has a robust safety and training program. Realizing the importance of an active safety program for our field personnel, we have undergone a thorough review of our processes and participate in NATE's STAR Initiative, created for those companies who voluntarily adhere to higher standards. The Initiative emphasizes Safety, Training, Accountability and Reliability (STAR) by asking participants to commit to requisite levels of training, site safety audits and the implementation of safety programs while adhering to industry best practices. Training is foremost; therefore, we have a certified ComTrain instructor on staff and all of our personnel receive ComTrain certification status prior to working on towers. We provide all personnel with OSHA 10/30 hour training and relevant first aid courses. This commitment has paid off, as we have a stellar safety record with zero safety incidents to date.